Even if you run the un-install program, it will leave certain folders and files behind, all windows applications do that; this a fundamental flaw of that operating system. But if you know were to look for it is easy…. Here are the simple steps to get rid of all trace of MusiCHI on your machine, so a “clean” installation can be performed after that.
1) Run any program of the suite, then click Main menu > MusiCHI > MusiCHI data folder, it will open the MS Windows file explorer to the correct location. For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 it is C:\Users\<YOU THE USER>\AppData\Roaming\MusiCHI in XP it is <YOUR USER PROFILE>Application Data\MusiCHI. Let’s call it the “Private data folder”.
2) Run the MusiCHI Uninstaller, located in your All Programs list, chapter MusiCHI Suite. It is really calling C:\Program Files (x86)\MusiCHISuite\unins000.exe if you have a 64bit version of Windows or C:\Program Files\MusiCHISuite\unins000.exe if it is 32bit.
3) You will notice the “Private data folder” still has a couple of files left in it; please delete them and this folder as well.
4) Now removing Firebird: It can be done either in the Control panel with Add or remove programs, or All Programs list, chapter Firebird. Please run the uninstaller, click Yes or OK where ever it applies.
5) Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Firebird folder manually (again it is C:\Program Files\Firebird if you are running a 32 bit version of Windows).
All done !